The Other Major Topic

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:16:16 -0700 (MST)

Am 07. Jan, 2001 schwäzte plug@arcticmail.com so:

> What about having people submit suggestions
> on the PLUG website?  Each of the suggestions
> could be listed and we could vote "yea," "nay"
> or "ambiguously dimple my chad" on each one.

While that's a good idea, the reality is that there's really only one way
to vote and that's by helping :). We do want ideas and we do want the PLUG
membership in general, e.g. not just those that can attend meetings, to be
a part of making PLUG a better organization, but thus far things only
happen when someone steps forward and makes it happen. That kinda makes
sense in an org that does Open Source stuff :).

If someone has an idea they'd like to work on or a need that PLUG isn't
providing, but can't make the meeting, please mail me, PLUGd@LuftHans.com,
before the meeting and I will bring it up then.

After the meeting we will be posting ideas that come from it and that will
allow people to vote by helping out :). Posting the projects that do get
started to the web site is a good idea. I'm in favor of that.

Many people help us out daily by responding to questions on the list ( as
well as by posting questions ). It's awesome that we have a local
community for support. If we want to provide more than a mailing list and
monthly meetings we need more people to step forward and help. We don't
have to add anything to what PLUG does if everyone feels that things are
perfect the way they are. We'd still need someone to help us handle
meeting topics, though :).

ciao,

der.hans
--