graphics card purchase recommendations

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:26:26 -0700

Yes, Nvidia "supports" Linux, but to use hardware driven OpenGL, you
have to seperately download, compile, and install their drivers.
(Unless you have Mandrake 7.1 or Red Hat 6.2, then you can use their
RPMs.)  Until they loosen up on the license in their drivers though,
downloadable Linux distros like Mandrake can't include the drivers on
the CD.

--
Digital Wokan
Tribal mage of the electronics age