graphics card purchase recommendations

AZ_Pete az_pete@ieee-cas.org
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:06:44 -0700

I'd recommend starting at the Linux Hardware Database:
http://lhd.datapower.com/
It's a very useful site to find out how well given hardware works under
linux.
I don't have any specific suggestions on what to video card to buy, but I
can tell you I've had a VERY hard time getting various ATI Video Cards(AGP)
to work under Linux.  I could get the card to work, but always at a low
resolution, which was effectively unusable.
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Lucas
Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 12:41 PM
To: plug1
Subject: graphics card purchase recommendations

Hi all,
	I'm looking to buy a graphics card for my computer. I am looking
for:

1. quality
2. compatibility (SuSE 6.4, though I don't think that matters too much)
3. compatibility with my Voodoo3 GA (which I don't think I ever use since
I'm not a gamer)
3. a place to buy it

All public and private responses are welcome.

Thanks

Lucas Vogel, Software Developer
Technology Development Practice
Exponent, Inc.