Linux Data Server..

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:28:33 -0700

\_ In short do not under estimate the power of perception. This will make or
\_ break many of the best changes that can be done.

I remember the discussion by ESR at the shindig:

[paraphrasing]

"You have to use management speak on management.  They aren't stupid,
just differently-abled.  Explain it to them in terms of bottom line,
corporate risks, and such.  That it's the greatest webserver on the
planet doesn't mean jack to them.  They care about the bottom line."

Ever since then, I've been careful to cast my management speak spells
properly.   :-)

David