Firewall

Rooster dbarker6@qwest.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:14:58 -0700

> At least with Windows you get to test and make sure that yours servers are
> going to come back up daily.  (Sometimes more often than just daily.) I
> think that the kernel needs a few more hard locking bugs and perhaps a
> "blue screen of death" to really fit into the coorprate world.

well, just have to add on to this. was talking with a friend recently who
has an nt file server at work. he tried to tell me it's been running for a
year with nothing being done. asked how many times it's been rebooted and of
course he tried to say none. after a little debate about that and saying he
was on drugs and a straight up liar he said, "well, maybe somebody rebooted
it during that time". no way an nt box can run that long. the nt boxes at
work have to be rebooted at least after a few days. they just won't run long
without getting virtual memory errors. but anyway, yes i agree with the
being booted daily. at least with nt4.

anyway, just felt the need to slam nt a little today. getting laid off
wednesday so just need to yell about something. :-)

rooster