ogg vorbis

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:19:32 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

anyone using ogg instead of mp3? Had to go to unstable to grab an xmms
capable of ogg, but since the algorithms and specs are truely free I'd
like to move over to it.

Default bitrate is 160. Is that good enough? Size of the .ogg file appears
to be a bit more than 10% of the .wav file.

Switched xmms back to using the esd and flipped the switch to allow
multiple versions of xmms to run at the same time, so I could test.

Using grip to encode doesn't seem to quite be working correctly for the
song info in the .ogg file.

Using the following options for oggenc:

-b %b -o %o -a "%a" -t "%n" -l "%d" %f

Tried it without the quotes as well. It seems as if stuff's being parsed
wrong. The first song has no info, the 2nd has some info for the first
song, but not all of it and part of the info for the 2nd song ends up in
the 3rd one.

Turned off mp3info, now there's no info at all.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important