cable modem

Todd Hought thought@scudder-enterprises.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:51:04 -0700

Actually, Cox@home uses static IP's for everything, I have had the same set
of IP's for almost 2 years now, except for that breif time that they hosed up
the whole mess, went thru 4 cable modems, 10 new IP's and 13 days of downtime
for them to figure out that they had their server configured wrong.
But before the guy left my house, he wrote down every IP that I was given,
which made it very easy to configure my linux boxen, since 'they didn't
support that'.so I guess its more of which tech you get, kinda like dealing
with USWest.

-T