regular expressions

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:20:44 -0700

\_ Ok, I was confused, the rx library is included by default in glibc.  The
\_ problem I am having is the following:
\_
\_ To use the regex functions, I have to create a structure, regex_t.  If i
\_ just declare it like this:
\_
\_ struct regex_t rx;
\_
\_ The compiler errors out saying "storage size of `rx' isn't known".
\_
\_ Can anyone give me some pointers on how to malloc this thing?

Well, there's the ever popular:

    #include <regex.h>
    regex_t *prx;
    prx = (regex_t *)malloc(sizeof(regex_t));

which compiles sans error on my box (with some other fluff) (once I
remembered the parens...woe to the wicked perl language that made me
forget my early joys of Lisp matched & balanced parenthesization).

\_ Thanks (and sorry for the double post).
\_