Any ways to speed up linux?

Rick Rosinski rick@rickrosinski.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:30:57 +0000

Armand, it would be nice to speed up the dial-up internet connection, but I
was in fact refering to any other way to speed up Linux - hardware, kernel,
process management, hard drive performance, etc.

I use IDE drives.  I know SCSI and RAID stuff is faster (and I can't wait
until I upgrade to a full SCSI system (the ony things I use SCSI for is the
CD drives, and for the scanner)).  Do I need special hard drives for the
ATA/RAID controllers?  Or does ATA RAID work only with SCSI?  (Total newbie
on that end).