Printer diagnostic program

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:39:59 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Vaughn
Treude
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 2:01 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Printer diagnostic program

Hello all:
I've been trying to set up a Mandrake 7.0 box as a print server for my Epson
Stylus 740 printer.   For the moment, I've got the printer on a switch box
(because I sometimes need to print from a Windows box, and I don't have the
printer server set up yet.)  The printer setup tool recognizes the printer,
but I can't print through the switchbox.   Windows doesn't mind the
switchbox, so why should Linux have a problem with it?  I assume there's
some signal or something that's being mangled, and I'd like to diagnose the
problem, but I can't find any good diagnostic software for the printer port.
I did a google search and all I could find were printer tools like queues
and filters.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Vaughn Treude

--