Interesting MS Comments

Jeffrey Pyne jpyne@worldatwork.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:03:11 -0700

I saw a link to this article on another list and found it amusing:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_news.ht&s=AOospdBaQTWl
jcm9z

(If it hasn't already been posted to Slashdot, I'm sure it will soon.)

A couple excerpts:

"Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating-system chief, Jim Allchin, says that
freely distributed software code such as rival Linux could stifle innovation
and that legislators need to understand the threat."

  -and-

"I'm an American, I believe in the American Way," he said. "I worry if the
government encourages open source, and I don't think we've done enough
education of policy makers to understand the threat."

Well heck afire!  I didn't realize that Linux was UNAMERICAN.  I am
unsubscribing from this list immediately, and when I get home I am going to
blow away my Slackware 7.1 installation (evil, evil!) and install Windows
2000.  (To do so I'll just need to stop by Fry's on the way home to pick up
and extra 256Mb of RAM-- good thing it's on sale for $44.95.)  I'm just glad
Mr. Allchin warned us all before it was too late....

:)

~Jeff