NT5 dual boot

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:44:23 -0700

----
Eric,

using netatalk v 1.5pre3

my papd.conf
felix2:\
	:pr=|/usr/bin/lpr -Plp::\
	:op=lp:\
	:pd=/usr/lib/atalk/HPLJ_4M.PPD:

note that I transferred the HPLJ_4M.PPD from my Macintosh to the linux
computer, used the mactounix txt file converter to fix the line endings and
then moved it to /usr/lib/atalk/

my printcap
lp|Felix2:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:sh:mx#0:if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:lp=/dev/l
p0:

and for good measure...the tail of my smb.conf
[lp]
	printable = yes
	comment = HP LaserJet 4M
	path = /var/spool/samba
	public = yes

Works fine - printer connected via parallel print cable to linux computer.
Any Macintosh can choose this printer in the chooser. Any Windows computer
that is authenticated on the domain can select it by browsing the network
\\netbios-name\lp

Craig