hardware array turned second hand smoke...the story?

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:51:56 -0700

In general, if you don't like what others do, either learn
to deal with it, or buy a one-room shanty in the middle of
Montana.

> One interesting note from the book:  did you know that the tobacco companies were big contributors to the "Drug Free America"
> campaign?  Kind of got burned by their own fire, didn't they?

How do you figure?  Big Tobacco supports the "Drug Free America" campaign
so that when the "Drug Free America" campaign is a complete success and
it becomes absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for one to obtain marijuana, cocaine,
heroin and every other controlled substance in America, the crack addicts
will then have NO CHOICE but to use LOTS of tobacco to get the same buzz
that they used to get from crack.  :)

Also, IIRC, Big Tobacco put $$ into the "tumor causing, teeth staining"
blah blah blah bullshit ads to "prevent teens from starting smoking."
Guess what?  After the ad campaign teen smoking increased substantially.
Big surprise, huh?  One thing that Big Tobacco is NOT is stooopid, folks.

And no, I'm not a smoker, but I just don't agree with this smokers == lepers
mentality that seems to be on the rise.

As Reverend Rock put it:

Aries:   You're gonna die.
Leo:     You're gonna die.