ssh-agent2 and $DISPLAY Does someone have a good script to get this parameter correct..

Steven M. Klass sklass@andigilog.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:43:07 -0700

Good Idea!! (DOH! Check .xsession-errors..  ..duh)

Anyway, it appears that my ssh-agent is running.  So I un commented my
ssh-add2 line right below it and then I get the following..

modified .xsession
--snip--
#!/bin/sh
#
eval '/usr/local/bin/ssh-agent2'
/usr/local/bin/ssh-add2 ~/.ssh2/myrtle < /dev/null
startkde &
--snip--

.xsession-errors
--snip--
SSH2_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-steven/ssh2-728-agent; export SSH2_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH2_AGENT_PID=729; export SSH2_AGENT_PID;
echo Agent pid 729;
Failed to connect to authentication agent - agent not running?
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 775 result = 0
DCOPServer: SetAProc_loc: conn 0, prot=local, file=/tmp/.ICE-unix/777
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 778 result = 0
DCOP: register 'klauncher_myrtle_500'
--snip--

Initially, it would appear that ssh-agent is running.  But then at line 4
ssh-add2 isn't obvioulsy working?  Any ideas?

echo $DISPLAY reveals ":0"  It should be IP or hostname right?

Thanks