[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers - kls

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:12:54 -0700

\_ In defense of the retailers, however,

My experience with Fry's is that the wetware doorscanners can be
helpful, and are motivated to do so.  I was walking off once without a
discount/rebate coupon or something, and they marched my overpaying
butt right back to the counter and demanded I get my $ back.  Or
something.  It was a net gain in my favor though, and I think the
wetware got a kickback from Fry's too (Hence the motivation).

Although not all wetware doorscanners are likely to be created
helpful.  :-)

A BOFH would point out that it wouldn't be hard to manufacture a
receipt of sufficient detail to stun the wetware into letting you out
the door with the elephant in a shoebox, and likely stun them enough
to get them to *help* you load it into your vehicle.

YMMV, IANAL.

David