MySQL

David P. Schwartz davids@desertigloo.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:04:14 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> Anybody (Sinck??) know of programs/utilities that write/flesh perl/cgi code
> for MySQL databases (i.e. simple data entry screens for new record / edit
> record stuff).
>
> Craig

I've got a little Windows-based utility I wrote (in Delphi) that reads a MySQL database and uses some user-defined templates to generate
whatever code you want.  It applies the same rules to every table, and there are a few template parameters you can use to substitute
table and field names in the elaborations.  I wrote it to do something very specific for me (quickly generate class definitions for use
with PHP scripts), but you could easily modify it to generate whatever sort of code you want, eg., prototype screens, maint tools, etc.

-David Schwartz