not allowing to su

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:54:59 -0700

\_ Excuse my ignorance-- I meant to ask this one sooner.  But what is
\_ a "wheel" group, and why is RMS opposed?

In some OSen, you have to be part of it to become root.

You'd best grep google for RMS's reasonings, but to paraphrase,
perhaps incorretly, he doesn't like the distinction of wheelies vs
nonwheelies and a wheely can share the su info.  Why doesn't he like
the distinction?

YOUR mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out why and
present it to PLUG either by presentation at a meeting or by
reasonable summary on the list.

This message will not self destruct, but instaed will live on in
perpetuaty on various archives.

David