Most sweet, was Re: booting a cloned disk

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:20:10 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Larry Schmid so:

> There are a couple of parameters to add to the lilo.conf for the clone/target
> disk to be recognized as /dev/hda, and installing it is easier with chroot.
> Here's how I install lilo on LFS disks that I build.
>
> The target disk is /dev/hdb.  I mount the root partition on $LFS (/mnt/lfs).
>
> This is how my $LFS/etc/lilo.conf file looks:
>
> boot=/dev/hdb  		#This will write to the MBR of the target
> install=/boot/boot.b	#$LFS/boot
> disk=/dev/hdb		#This will cause the system bios
>         bios=0x80		# to recognize the drive as hda

This and chroot did exactly what I needed! Most cool.

Now I've got a 20 line script that automagically clones these boxen for
me!

most danke,

der.hans

PS I realize now that if I hadn't been such a nimrod and had read the
lilo.conf manpage as well as the lilo manpage I could've figure this out
myself :). In any case Larry's example made it much easier to understand.

--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans