Speaking of experience

Todd Hought thought@scuddertech.ws
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:31:47 -0700

I'll have to admit, I went through the same thing for the last year, I
got lucky and landed a job where I get to deal with Linux all the time,
with NT being a thing of the past. I had considered getting the redhat
cert, but in the grand scheme of things, a full blown unix certification
would probably go farther, since more of the big names, and still going
to go with Sun, HP-UX, etc. It can be quite difficult getting a large
scale company to take linux seriously. At my last job, I spent the
better part of a year trying to get management to let me replace just
one NT server with linux, they never did. From talking to some of the
people who still work there, the NT box still crashes at least twice a
week....
Back on topic, personally, I would probably go for the Sun/UNIX cert.
before I went for the redhat one.
hope that helps!
-T