Speaking of experience

Ronald Ellis rellis42@home.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 12:53:05 -0700

Same old story,

I am an 'in the trenches' NT admin who's been dying to get into Linux
administration.  My experience in Linux is reduced to what I can (and
have) set up in my local home network.  I am really looking to get into
UNIX (any flavor), Linux adminstration.  Problem is, at my current
skill set in UNIX (basic user, backup, mundane administration skills,
some scripting) I'm having trouble getting serious consideration for a
move into a more robust OS.  Of course at my salary level, it's almost
too late to move over.

Anyone have any idea how to get into that?  Are there any certifications
that would be valuable?  Sun?  RedHat?

Suggestions?

  -Ron

Ronaldellis@email.com