WiredGlobal is no more!!

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:29:27 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Jean Fracois so:

> Got a phone call from DSLNEtworks today that explains statements made
> by Jay Jacobson in relation to Wired Global Communications and why he
> has been distancing himself from any connection to the organization.
>
> According to DSLNetworks Wired Global Communications is no longer in
> business and all DSL customers that were supported thru DSLNetworks
> had their service terminated due to non-bill payment.

That's wierd. The Wired Global machines recently moved onto the Opnix
network. I do notice, however, that the reverse dns entries weren't made,
but lookup www.WiredGlobal.com is over there. Actually, so is
www.AZIPA.org and the listserver for PLUG as both are hosted by Wired
Global.

Are these services safe?

Granted, Opnix doesn't have the setup to locally support DSL and dialup,
so maybe that's all that's being axed. Still sucks that they didn't notify
you...

> It is probably a safe bet that more portions of Wired Global will stop
> functioning after Jay has a particular meeting about the operation on
> Monday.

Will that meeting affect their hosting capabilities?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)