regarding wiredglobal

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:42:08 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Brian Cluff so:

> As Eric Thelin can tell you with cox.  He once called cox about an outage
> and happened to mention that he was running linux on their service, then
> later on when he called and was having problem with their service when his
> machine was booted into WINDOWS they refused to help him because the first
> person has added a note that said that he ran linux and they had a policy
> that prevented them from supporting him anymore, even though it was a
> supported OS question!!!!!!

Start calling business and corporate offices. Let them know that they're
not covering a support call reporting a problem on *their* side. It also
helps if you ask JLF about which government entities can make their life
miserable for screwing up with telecom stuff.

> Soooo, I will never mention that I run linux on my service... ever!

I will let them know point blank that I'm running Linux as well as remind
them that I know more about this stuff than they do. If I get ahold of
someone who knows more than I do, then OS is irrelevant :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans