sklyarov

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:19:05 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Jason so:

> First I must state that I passionately oppose what has happened to

I agree with that sentiment.

> Sklyarov, in fact, it was news of his arrest that prompted me to
> donate $100 to the EFF that same day... and at $7/hr working for
> Checker Auto, thats a pretty decent chunk of cash. (Its a nice job
> tho. I dont have to think, cars are extremely simple devices, plus
> they dont crash three times a day. :)

Do they still have *NIX help desk here in .az.us?

> The reason the US claims to have this authority is because the
> apparently the software was actually sold a few times, and the other
> end of the transaction was on US soil. Or so I have been told.

Yup. They claim he was selling in the .us. Doesn't matter where it was from.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important