ARTICLE: Every AZ student to get Microsoft Office

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:50:10 -0700 (MST)

> Hopefully giving the product away to schools will get Microsoft the
> same results that Apple had with giving away computers to school.

Oh they are hardly giving it away.  Their charge is small, but they get it
every single year without fail, and the year they don't get their money,
they say fine... you now get to uninstall every piece of software that is
on the computer and the few programs that the school does own will hardly
run with out an OS.  In the long run they end up making more money than
they would if the schools bought it once and didn't upgrade for 10 years.
	Plus the added benifit of pounding in the the young
impressionalble minds that the only real thing out there is microsoft
stuff is priceless to them.  Although I would hope they get the same
impression os citrix that I have with the system that we used to have, but
blame that directly on the MS software and just get in their mind that all
their stuff is extremly slow and crashes for no reason what so ever.
Course it's not that far off from the truth, but.....

Brian Cluff