Qworst DSL - Liars!

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:54:50 -0700

ok,
I've done a little digging (mostly for my own edification), but here
goes:

in talking with an attorney that has a specialization in
communications law, I asked if it were legal in arizona
(assuming this is where the call originates), it is legal for
one of the parties involved in the call to record the call.
you are NOT required to let the other party on the line know
that you are recording (however, courtesy says you should).

I tend to do this as a matter of course because I have no other
real way of taking fast notes. also, when you call qworst,
one of the thinsg they do tell you is "you call may be recorded
or monitored". Since they are headquartered in Denver, the state of
Colorado's laws would apply (and there, you are required to
notify the other party on the line that such a recording may
be taking place).

one last thing, the laws (and courts) will often favor the customer
in most regards such that the customer has legal protects under his/her
state laws and they take precidence.

this was hw it was explained to me. since this was a legal opinion,
such may change depending on who you talk to.

Technomage Hawke