Qworst DSL - Liars!

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:30:11 -0700

Why not just tell the person who comes on the phone that you understand that the calls are being recorded, and ask, "is this correct?"
What's wrong with you recording a conversation that they are already notifying you is being recorded?  It's THEIR policy to record the
calls, and the law states that all parties must be notified that it's being recorded, right?  So where's the beef if you are recording
it also?  Notice has been given -- it's their policy!

Consider this: you go to a meeting and the other party brings out a tape recorder to tape the conversation, and asks if you mind.  You
say, "no.  In fact, I brought my own recorder!"  What are they going to say, "I'm sorry, but you do not have my permission to record me
while I'm recording us"?

-David Schwartz