problems burning other than .iso files HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:00:29 -0700

further checking reveals that the drive I have is not listed either
as supported OR unsupported. it falls between the 7200 and 8100
series HP devices. as for the datasheet on the device itself,
according to HP, the drive does support MMS (DAAO) modes. not
sure why cdrecord missied this, but it did.

Technomage Hawke

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate wrote:

> Here's an excerpt from the cdrecord man page:
>
>        -dao   Set Disk At Once mode.  This currently  only  works
>               with  MMC  drives  that  support non raw Session At
>               Once mode.
>
> My guess is that gcombust is using this switch. So what we need to know now
> is, what brand/model CD-R are you using? Also, if it lists a sense code in
> that error message, let's see it. Finally, did you check against the list
> of supported CD-R drives on the cdrecord homepage to make sure that your
> CD-R drive can do DAO with cdrecord?
>
> --
> Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
> phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu