Qworst DSL - Liars!

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:26:55 +0000

Yes, the telemarketers who sell DSL for Qwest will actually blatantly
LIE to you.

I can only assume they are on commission. Extreme commission. Either
that or I got absurdly unlucky.

What I was told:
* Free el cheapo DSL modem than may or may not work with Linux. I
requested it anyways.
* 3 Microfilters for telephones.
* One free month.
* Static IP.

What actually came:
Nothing but a paper with a login... and it also said
IP: (Dynamically assigned.)

Cheap jerks didnt even send the microfilters!

I tried to contact Qwest twice, and was told both times that I could
not change the order because I wasnt the phone line billee. Cant even
discuss it with me. Strange considering I placed it. Finally, the bill
came. Roommate asked me to call them again, and they stonewalled me
again.

I asked that the order be cancelled entirely, since I was the one who
placed it, and that "isnt allowed", correct? She said someone messed
up if I placed the order, and not my roommate. But still refused to
reverse the charges.

I asked to speak with a supervision, and instead the bitch put me on
hold for ten minutes, then told me that a supervision wouldnt speak
with me because I wasnt the account holder.

That is one of the more obvious lies I've heard. Management reacts. If
she'd actually spoken with her supervisior, her supervisior would have
gotten on the line and told me "no" herself.

In any case, Qwest has fucked themselves by sticking to this policy. I
have instructed my roommate to simply call them up and tell them that
he didnt place the order, and he wants the charges refunded. And since
the DSL has never been used, and since he truly, honestly didnt place
the order, he wont have to pay a damned thing.

May Qwest telemarketers burn in hell.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|