mix and match RAM

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:12:18 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:

> Am 26. Aug, 2001 schwäzte John (EBo) David so:
>
> > Hans, what do you need?  I just gave a buddy of mine a baggy full of old
> > sims.  Might have what you'd need.  It'll be a week or so before I go
> > back to NM though to get them...
>
> Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. If I can't find the ones I
> put away before going on vacation ( I knew better than to clean up right
> before leaving!!!! :), I'll go out and get me some brand spanking new ones.
> Actually, that's what I'm planning anyway as this is for my DVD/TV/gaming
> machine, but I just wanted to get it back on the air tonight.
>
> Could I do without RAM and just use swap? ;-)

I always thought it would be a fun project to directly memory map one of
those ultra small disks directly to a a processor with a decient
cache...  Would be slow, but perfect for one of those 10MH microcontrol
processors like the PIC.  Just think of a wristwatch sized
datalogger...  But here I am dreaming... sigh...  back to homework.

 EBo --