Tivo - The spiffy Linux Box

sm plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:21:42 -0700 (MST)

> watch things on fX, WB, UPN (*cough* BtVS), and FOX all at the same time.

Haha... My wife is trying to get me to watch that show.

I had a deal on tivo a while back, and I was thinking of picking it up,
especially since the Tour de France was on at 6 AM.  Knowing that Ethernet
remains a possibility though, would make it a 'must buy'.  Does anyone
know what kernel version they ship with?

> But this is *seriously* off topic :-)

Oh, right.  LINUX GOOD.  FIRE (generally) BAD.

Fire bad, personally anyway.  I can say for the record that Linux does
*not* make a laptop fire proof, dispite all the talk about firewall code.