Tivo - The spiffy Linux Box

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:42:52 -0700

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 03:48 pm, Brian Cluff wrote:
> How long have you had your tivo.  That had a long running $100 off, but
> they recently killed that promotion.  Then they brought it back just
> recently.  I know that at least 1 person asked me if I knew of a cheap
> place to get them because they were shopping during the period when there
> was no promotion.... so I decided to pass along my tivo spam :)

I got it a few weeks (month?) ago.  It was the Phillips unit.  The Sony one
looks spiffier (all silver) but was quite a bit more, even with the $100
rebate.  The Phillips one had all the features and was significantly cheaper.

> severly discounted I wouldn't mind too much.... but oh well.   In reality
> there are very very few shows that are on at the same time as others I want
> to watch and with the new conflict resolution that they added to the 2.0
> software I almost never find something that I can't snag.... most things
> tend to come on more than once, so if it can't grab it the first time it
> grabs in the next.

Heh.. which means that I probably watch a *LOT* more TV than you.  I get
conflicts on quite a few of my 60-odd season passes.  So far, though, the
only serious conflict is Thursday at 7pm when my wife wants to watch both NBC
Friends and WB Gilmore Girls.  We TiVo one and VCR the other.  Things will be
different when new show start this fall, though, and I find myself wanting to
watch things on fX, WB, UPN (*cough* BtVS), and FOX all at the same time.

But this is *seriously* off topic :-)
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop