Language Translator for linux?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:39:59 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Nathan England so:

> Does anyone know of any translation programs for linux?
> I'm looking for something like alta vista's babelfish, but a program.  I
> want to translate German to English and vice versa on my laptop, while
> *not* connected to the net.

Nathan,

look at translate. Default is German -> English :). It's one word at a time,
though. There are quite a few programs that babelize things, but I don't
know of any for Linux. Several were available for DOS, so you might be able
to get one of them working with DOSEMU.

If you're trying to Learn German show up to Bandersnatch on Fri nights for
the deutscher Stammtisch :).

ciao,

der.hans
--