Network Engineer

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:21:31 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Matt Alexander so:

> Right now I think there are more tech people than the demand requires.
> So if wages do drop considerably because of the current surplus of tech
> people, then I would assume that many of these people would move into
> other professions, and therefore balance out the number of workers to the
> amount of demand.  Once things balance out a bit, I think that the pay
> will begin to creep back up.

I think there's still a dearth of experienced, knowledgeable people. We do
have too many people who still need experience. At the same time, companies
need to have more entry-level and junior level positions. Here, at
DevelopOnline, we finally got permission to do something with that. It looks
like we're getting an intern from ASU's Engineering College's CLP,
http://www.eas.asu.edu/~leaders/.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans