Network Engineer

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 17:06:08 -0700 (PDT)

Right now I think there are more tech people than the demand requires.  So if wages do drop considerably because of the current surplus of tech people, then I would assume that many of these people would move into other professions, and therefore balance out the number of workers to the amount of demand.  Once things balance out a bit, I think that the pay will begin to creep back up.
In answer to your question, no, I don't think this is a good time to be considering a career change into the IT profession.  There are thousands of IT people out there already with degrees/experience that can't get a decent tech job.
~M