Presidential Candidates (was: code red and MS's liability)

Nick Estes plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:27:07 -0700 (MST)

I'm sure it was inevitable at some point, but now we're going to get into
a mythology debate... (-=

First, it's spelled Cthulhu (damn all those consonants). (-=

The next issue is that the amount of trouble the sumerians had putting
consonants together is fairly irrelevant here since cthulhu isn't from
their mythology but rather the creation of a pretty messed up author
towards the beginning of the 20th century.  In his writings, he referred
to a then non-existant book called necronomicon which other authors then
wrote.  It is in one of these versions where a link was made from cthulhu
to sumerian mythology; however, this link is fictional it doesn't really
exist in sumerian mythology.

There are some who say that the necronomicon referenced by lovecraft
actually does exist and predates his writings, but that's a discussion for
another time since the one that makes the link to sumerian mythology was
written after.

Of course someone will undoubtably disagree and force me to do more
research. (-=

	--Nick