Java in Konqueror

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:45:18 -0700

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 12:31 am, der.hans wrote:
> > I can't figure out how to make java work in Konqueror.  I go to web pages
> > with java and it either just doesn't work or it crashes.  The java works
> > in Netscape so I know I have an engine somewhere.  It has to be something
> > simple that I am just missing.
>
> I don't have java enabled, so feel free to ignore the following :).
>
> Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Netscape Plugins -> Scan -> Scan for new
> plugins.

No, that wouldn't work.  It uses the java executable, not any plugin.

> On one machine of mine that picked up shockwave or something plugin that
> keeps crashing.

The flash plugin has problems on some systems *if* Qt is linked with libGL.
Apparently libGL.so and libflashplayer.so both define the same external
symbol and we get a seg fault as a result.  This is "fixed" (ugly hack) in
KDE 2.2.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop