any ASU users?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 01:22:14 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Eric Van Buskirk so:

> here is the command, as already aluded to by an earlier response: scp
> ASURiteID@(generalX).asu.edu:/afs/asu.edu/users/(first-character-of-your-ASU
> Rite-account)/(second-character-of-the-same)/(third-character-of-the-same)/(
> ASURiteID)/file name /directory-to-tranfer-to

Actually, you don't need all that stuff. Default dir is your home directory,
e.g. general1.asu.edu:/afs/asu.edu/users/l/u/f/lufthans/ and
general1.asu.edu:. are the same thing for me if they'd let me log in again.

> where "X" is the particulare number of the general server to which you have
> been assigned.

Yeah, by going for a particular server rather than just using
general.asu.edu you get the same host and host key. OTOH, I think OpenSSH (
actually the new known_hosts format ) makes it irrelevant unless you need
multiple logins on the same host.

BTW, we still have ASULUG. It goes extremely dormant over the summer ( not
that it's too non-slothic during the semesters either :). Our semester
kickoff meeting with be either Aug or Sep ( whatever Monika decides ). We
will probably start off with a data center tour ( Blake, Joel, did I let you
know I'd volunteered DevelopOnline's data center for that? ;-).

The attempted ASULUG meeting format is to switch off between data center
tours and presentations.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,