samba-swat

chuey fong plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 07:23:40

Hi all,
thanks everyone for your help and prompt reply.
I have another question.
Has anyone setup successfully setup samba-swat before?
After I change my /etc/service.conf file and /etc/xinetd.d/swat file, I
restart the xinetd and try to connect to //localhost:901/ from Netscape
Communicator, but it didn't work. Anything steps that I missed out? Do I
need to configure my Apache for this? And do I need to run swat before
running my Netscape, as in we try to start squid before we use it as a proxy
server?

Thanks,
ChueyFong

Might I suggest "kill -HUP <pid>" instead?  I made the dire mistake once of
leaving out the dash when I was trying to HUP a daemon...  ie.  kill 1 12345
Yeah, my boss wasn't too happy about that...
~M