Mail trouble

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 00:25:30 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Scarlett so:

> You can use ssh with fetchmail to get your mail via pop in a secure
> fashion.:) If anyone is interested let me now it is fairly simple.

I presume that you have a shell account on the pop server, though. If you
can pop over ssh without having a shell account or any special setup by the
admin on the other side, then I'm definitely interested in knowing how :).

Doing it with a shell account is still useful, though, so, yes, please let
us know how :). For those who aren't aware, this method allows pretty well
any tcp protocol[1].

cioa,

der.hans

[1] I presume active ftp is a major pain in the ass and there might be other
wierd protocols out there.
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The