Mandrake/RPM uninstall

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:49:19 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Lord Edward James William so:

> I tried to setup knapster. It didnt work. When I try to reinstall it wont
> let me beacuse the old one is there.
>
> How do I uninstall? I tried the package manager and it doesnt show that its
> installed.

rpm -e <packagename>

There's also some sort of rpm verify command. Search the rpm manpage for
verify and you should find it. That can keep you from needing to
uninstall then reinstall.

BTW, please don't include a day's digest when writing the list. Lot's of
extra junk for no reason and it really can be a problem if you post starts
a thread and those replying don't kill the cruft at the bottom of messages
like I do, which is why I noticed that you had the digest down there :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The