Time Sync

Derek A. Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:20:58 -0700

Ok, found my script to jog memory on machine and
then asked what others are using.

Common programs:

rdate
ntpdate
netdate

With rdate you just do

$ rdate -s tycho.usno.navy.mil
$ /sbin/clock -u -w

You must be root to do the clock setting.  I
disabled my script as often times the navy.mil
sites would not be accessible.  I have found that
time.mit.edu seems to more readily accept
connections for me and has proper time.

Derek