Anyone with BSD install experience?

Zach plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:52:40 -0700

Hi all, I am a new member of the list.

I have many years of professional support experience with Win9x/NT and only
cursory experience with *nix. Now as a Computer Science student at ASU I
feel it is time I took the plunge to a Unix envronment. I had little trouble
installing Unix itself, but X is killing me :) I was wondering if anyone
here had any experience installing Xfree86 on a unix platform from the
command line and would be willing to help me (I am using OpenBSD 2.8 but I
assume most *nixes (*nixi?) are very similar, probably a dangerous
assumption).

If anyone can help, I will gladly elaborate on the problem with specifics.
Otherwise, I look forward to the May meeting.

Sincerely

Zach Glazar