sar substitute for Linux?

Simper, Brian D plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:30:31 -0700

I am trying to configure Tivoli to function on some Linux servers at work.
I am trying to get certain bits of information from the system that do not
seem readily available.  First, there is no native sar command, which, as
you probably know, is commonly used on other UNIX flavors to obtain File
Table Space.

Also, is there a command to obtain Processor Status information?  Short of
upgrading the kernel and installing packages external to RedHat 6.2, do you
know of any work-arounds?

File Table Space:
HPUX: sar -v 1 1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'

Processor Status:
BSDi: /usr/local/bin/cpustat
Solaris: /usr/sbin/psrinfo | grep -c "off-line"

Thanks,

Brian Simper