kernel 2.4 & redhat 6.2

Gontran plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:40:50 -0700

* Kevin Brown (kevin_brown@qwest.net) wrote:
> What if you aren't running any of them?
>
> > from redhat 6.2?
> > pretty much the following:
> > bind
> > bind-utils
> > bind-devel
> > identd
> > openssh*
> > openssl*
> >
> > and if any of these bitch about depnds, you'll have to update those as well
> > (like the libs/glibc)

If you're planning on building yourself a new 2.4 series from source AND are
running an older distro (eg RH 6.2), be sure to read about the clear and well
defined requirements for building and running the latest code in
	/path/to/unpacked/2.4/linux/Documentation/Changes

It was necessary for me to upgrade to e2fsprogs-1.19, modutils-2.4.2, and
util-linux-2.10s; however, there are slightly newer versions of at least two
of those available now.  And be sure to beware, as there are nuances associated
with installing new core utils.

Cheers,
Gontran