physical security humor

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:33:49 -0700

They were "running" for four years, presenting white
characters on a blue screen and awaiting valuable input
from a SysAdmin's cowboy boot.

The secret to M$ happiness is Intermatic(TM) ubertimers,
configured to power cycle the system every two hours.

If you cannot afford (or your management refuses to pay
for) Intermatic(TM) ubertimers, you can achieve the same
effect with a 386, some RS-232C serial ports, some relays,
some Linux and some crontabs.  If serial ports and relays
scare you, X10 might be right up your alley.

"What EXACTLY does that box named 'cyclic' do, anyway?"