PHP and the web

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:57:12 -0700

Show your mother this article.

PHP: a silent killer - PHP is now running over a million web sites

http://www.devshed.com/Talk/BrainDump/PHP/

Keith

Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:36:09 -0700
From: "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@qwest.net>
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: PHP and the web

OK, I finally took the bit in the mouth and started chewing.  I'm doing some
php
for my own learning benefit and because I need to do some stuff in it for
work.

on a side note:

My mom is definitely a M$ drooler as she seemed to be under the impression
that
IIS and ASP was the most commonly used webserver/scripting language on the
web.
I've been telling her about php for the last year and only just this week
was I
finally able to show her that Microsoft was not GOD.  heheh, those Netcraft
surveys are useful for something.

Hopefully I'll be able to wean her away from Micro$haft and into the *nix
world
(either *BSD or Linux).