2 NICs?

Chris Jensen emcis@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to configure a second NIC on my Slack and OpenBSD box (one
box, two drives). The rt8139 drivers for my PCI, D-link DFE-530TX+(s)
are compiled into the 2.4.0 kernel. I've been reading the
ethernet-HOWTO and got the part about adding "ether=IRQ,BASE_ADDR,NAME"
to lilo.conf and running lilo, but I get syntax errors on the line I
added. Does anyone know the correct syntax? I've tried it in the middle
and the end of lilo.conf and I've tried it as: "ether=0,0,eth1" and
"linux ether=0,0,eth1" (without the quotes, of course), but neither
gets past the syntax error. Also, does anyone know how to determine the
BASE_ADDR of a NIC? I've tried: "cat /proc/pci" and "lspci -v" to list
device and both cards show up on different IRQs and naming variations
so I know that it's seeing both cards, but no BASE_ADDR as I'm familiar
with them (0xNNN). I'm trying this first in Slack since it's so similar
to BSD, but if there's an entirely different method for BSD, then I'd
appreciate if someone would let me know that as well. Thanks.

CJ