2 NICs?

cj cj" <emcis@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:15:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C0BBCA.BED26020

I'm trying to configure a second NIC on my Slack and OpenBSD box (one =
box, two drives). The rt8139 drivers for my PCI, D-link DFE-530TX+(s) =
are compiled into the 2.4.0 kernel. I've been reading the ethernet-HOWTO =
and got the part about adding "ether=3DIRQ,BASE_ADDR,NAME" to lilo.conf =
and running lilo, but I get syntax errors on the line I added. Does =
anyone know the correct syntax? I've tried it in the middle and the end =
of lilo.conf and I've tried it as: "ether=3D0,0,eth1" and "linux =
ether=3D0,0,eth1" (without the quotes, of course), but neither gets past =
the syntax error. Also, does anyone know how to determine the BASE_ADDR =
of a NIC? I've tried: "cat /proc/pci" and "lspci -v" to list device and =
both cards show up on different IRQs and naming variations so I know =
that it's seeing both cards, but no BASE_ADDR as I'm familiar with them =
(0xNNN). I'm trying this first in Slack since it's so similar to BSD, =
but if there's an entirely different method for BSD, then I'd appreciate =
if someone would let me know that as well. Thanks.

CJ

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C0BBCA.BED26020

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm trying to configure a second NIC on =
my Slack=20
and OpenBSD box (one box, two drives). The rt8139 drivers for my PCI, =
D-link=20
DFE-530TX+(s) are compiled into the 2.4.0 kernel. I've been reading the=20
ethernet-HOWTO and got the part about adding =
"ether=3DIRQ,BASE_ADDR,NAME" to=20
lilo.conf and running lilo, but I get syntax errors on the line I added. =
Does=20
anyone know the correct syntax? I've tried it in the middle and the end =
of=20
lilo.conf and I've tried it as: "ether=3D0,0,eth1" and "linux =
ether=3D0,0,eth1"=20
(without the quotes, of course), but neither gets past the syntax error. =
Also,=20
does anyone know how to determine the BASE_ADDR of a NIC? I've tried: =
"cat=20
/proc/pci" and "lspci -v" to list device and both cards show up on =
different=20
IRQs and naming variations so I know that it's seeing both cards, but no =

BASE_ADDR as I'm familiar with them (0xNNN). I'm trying this first in =
Slack=20
since it's so similar to BSD, but if there's an entirely different =
method for=20
BSD, then I'd appreciate if someone would let me know that as well.=20
Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>CJ</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C0BBCA.BED26020--