Ask PLUG: best OS for wireless applications

Mark Firestone mark@microsolve.co.uk
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:41:53 +0100

This is probably true, but I have seen no evidence of it, because my NT4
servers don't
crash all that much.  What I have seen with Windows 2000 Pro, is that when
it dies, it
DIES.  Big time.

I have had several machines with PRO simply stop working.  They will not
boot.  You cannot
repair them with an emergency repair disk, or any other way I have been able
to discover.

NT4 Workstation didn't ever do this.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Dayley [mailto:adayley@adtron.com]
Sent: 30 March 2001 16:19
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Ask PLUG: best OS for wireless applications

Actually, Win2000 is WAY more stable than any of the other WinOSes thus
far.  I had to put it on my computer here at work to do some driver
development.  Except for the fact that it is still a bloated, "one size
must fit all" pig, it is far better than it's M$ predecessors.

Now, about embedding it?  I would not want that project!

Alan

www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)