Upgrade to RH7.0 woe (was No eth0)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:21:59 -0700 (MST)

Am 01. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Craig White so:

> download webmin <http://www.webmin.com> or <http://webadmin.sourceforge.net>

Any news on this making it into any of the dists? I've liked it in the
past, though my last look at it indicated that it's getting too
complicated for its intended audience.

Looks like it finally made debian unstable. Most cool.

> back up the smb.conf file (on RH7 - it's been moved to /etc/samba) and then
> cat /dev/null/ > smb.conf so you can start from scratch.

Actually ">/etc/samba/smb.conf" is easier :). The
">/file/whose/contents/you/want/to/axe" method is usually the quickest way
( from the command line or shell script ) to regain the space used by that
file. It's faster than "rm /file/whose/contents/you/want/to/axe" as far as
returning the space to be usable.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans